- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Tbilisi connects Lakoba’s resignation with issuing Abkhazian passports2009-08-19 13:02
Tbilisi connects the resignation of Stanislav Lakoba, the Security Council of Abkhazia Secretary, with the process of issuing Abkhazian passports in Gali region - Georia Times reporter.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the press service of the so-called "Abkhazian government in exile" Giya Gvazava, he Chairman of the Supreme Council of Abkhazia said: "Lakoba is an ardent nationalist. He believes that Georgian population must leave the Gali region and Abkhazia in general for good. That is why he is against issuing Abkhazian passports in that region. I cannot rule out this position was the reason of his resignation, though, perhaps, there are deeper reasons".
Previously Georgia Times reported that Stanislav Lakoba, the Secretary of the Security Council of Abkhazia, submitted resignation - Kavkazskiy Uzel. According to Lakoba, the events connected with amendments to the law on citizenship made him resign.
"Today I handed the application for abdication of responsibilities of the Security Council of Abkhazia secretary, and left," he said.
He added the decision wasn't made some time ago but decided to submit no resignations on the threshold of Vladimir's Putin visit to Abkhazia.