- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Minister of Environment Protection visited Tsalenkhingi region2009-08-19 14:28
Georgi Khachidze, the Minister of Environment Protection and Natural Resources of Georgia visited Tsalenkhingi region and held a meeting with locals - Georgia Times reporter.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Then he visited village Mazandra and examined the recently built bank-protecting structure in Canitskhali river. The Minister mentioned that previously the river often flooded the adjacent territories and made significant harm to locals. He added that after the end of ban-protecting works [cost GEL 73 000, appr USD 44 000] there is no threat of flood.
This year 8.5 mn lari [appr USD 5.2 mn] were spent on bank-protecting works: 5 times as much as last year. Over 40 most dangerous patches will be protected in 6 regions this year.