- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Another vessel detained in Poti2009-08-20 10:29
Coast guards of Poti together with employees of conventional inspection of sea protection detained EGEMEN DOVEN vessel, flying the flag of Panama - Day.Az. The crew is accused of contaminating Poti port water area.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The detention of the vessel is being investigated.
Previously Georgia Times reported that BUKET [another Turkish vessel flying the flag of Panama], carrying 2000 tons of petrol and 700 tons of diesel fuel to Abkhazia, was arrested for illegal crossing of state border.
The captain of the ship, the citizen of Turkey, is currently in Zugdidi prison #4, sentenced to 2 months of pretrial incarceration. He is accused of violation of customs rules and rules for entering the occupied territory, and can be sentenced up to 12 years in prison.
The Poti court must decide upon the fate of the ship. It can be passed to the property of the Ministry of Finance of Georgia and subsequently sold at the auction.