- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
President of Georgia to attend ceremony of opening boulevard in Batumi2009-08-20 16:14
Mikheil Saakashvili, the President of Georgia, will attend the ceremony of opening the renewed boulevard in Batumi, InterpressNews reports citing to the pres service of the President.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The ceremony starts today at 20:30 [local time]. Batumi boulevard was increased by 1200 meters.
Mikheil Saakashvili said he intends to turn Batumi in "the most beautiful city in the region". This May he attended the ceremony of founding the opera and ballet theatre. The same day he announced the beginning of building of "the most beautiful coast boulevard, which can be found neither in Nice, nor in Cannes, neither in Valencia nor in Barcelona".
The Georgian leader believes it will favor the inflow of tourists in Ajaria, their number will reach 1.5 mln in 2 years, and will exceed 4 million in 5 years. Saakashvili highlighted it is done to employ people and overcome poverty.
He added that soon in Batumi the construction of a world-class hotel complex would begin and be finished in a year, over 1000 residents would be employed. In nearest months from 10 to 12 thousand people would be employed in construction of various objects in Batumi.