- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Mukhrovani mutiny suspects case to be considered2009-08-21 10:58
Today Tbilisi city court will start considering the cases of 41 suspect of mutiny in military base in Mukhrovani [appr 13 miles away from Tbilisi] occurred on May 5th 2009 - RIA novosti reports citing to the court press service.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Previously Georgia Times reported that on May 5th the commandment of the tank battalion in Mukhrovani declared disobedience to the authorities. The negotiations [with participation of President Saakashvili] lasted for over 4 hours, the military laid down weapons. According to the official data, 33 people were arrested over the case, one killed in special operation. 12 of the arrested were civilians, 20 - military. Subsequently the number of accused grew to 41. Most part suspects, high-ranking military among them, were detained on May 5th .
The same day General Mayor Koba Kobaladze, the ex-commander of the National Guard, and Giya Gvaladze, the ex-commander of Delta special squad, were arresrted. On May 20th ,in result of special operation - officers Koba Otanadze and Levan Amiridze, both seriously wounded, Colonel Giya Krialashvili killed. The Interior Ministry spread materials their guilt of armed mutiny organisation and purchase of weapons in Russia for that aim.
Opposition and attorneys state that all these materials are falsifies. In their opinion, the authorities wondered whether army would disperse anti-presidential protest actions [began on April 9th]. They faced the refuse and decided to revenge. For that aim the "performance" with the mutiny was staged, and finished with numerous arrests, opposition believes.