- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Minister of economy of Georgia is dismissed2009-08-21 12:35
Lasha Zhvania, the Minister of Economy of Georgia, is dismissed, said PM Nikoloz Gilauri at the press conference in the State Chancellery, devoted to drawing conclusions of government's work for 6 months - Georgia Times reporter.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The PM underlined he was discontent with the Ministry's work as in the period Zhvania was in the office low indexes of privatization were revealed. Besides, good conditions for investors' work were not created, and therefore the flow of investments decreased.
"In result of the poorly coordinated work of the Ministry of Economy with other ministries and structures problems in construction of hydro power plants, in agriculture, in implementation of the project on building 100 new hospitals, aroused ", Gilauri explained.
The PM mentioned he was also dissatisfied with the work of the Minister of Labour, Heathcare and Social protection, but gave him time to correct the flaws.
Lasha Zhvania was appointed the Minister of Economy in December 2008. Before that appointment he was the majority MP to Chugureti district of Tbilisi, before parliamentary elections - the ambassador of Georgia to Israel.