- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Zhvania commented his resignation2009-08-21 12:57
Lasha Zhvania, the dismissed Minister of Economy, commented upon his resignation at a special briefing - Georgia Times reporter in Tbilisi.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"I made the decision on resignation after the talk with Prime Minister Gilauri. I listned to him and said we wouldn't be able to work together as there were too many nuances we couldn't agree on", Zhvania said.
According to Zhvania, he conducted the correct policy, aimed at the sooner signing the free trade agreement with the EU, but Gilauri and his team didn't share his position.
Zhvania added he was appointed under ex-PM Mgaloblishvili, and he sacked all who were members of Kakha Bendukidze's team and later shifted to Gilauri's team.
"I have quite good personal relations with Gilauri, but my policy was strikingly different from the one Gilauri conducted in his position of the PM. I never agreed with his course, moreover he constantly made obstacles to me", Zhvania said.
Zhvania added that the plan for privatization was even 202 per cent overdone: instead of GEL 77 mln it must lured to the budget, it did GEL 117 mln.
The ex-Minister stated he remains the adherent of President Saakashvili's course. At the same time he called Gilauri the weak PM and advised to think what policy he and his team conduct.
"Wherever I am, I remain the supporter of President Saakashvili", Zhvania highlighted.