- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Commander of U.S. marines arrived in Tbilisi2009-08-21 16:46
General James T. Conway, the Commandant of the Marine Corps, arrived in Tbilisi with a working visit -Trend News.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The general conducted a meeting with David Sikharulidze, the Minister of Defense of Georgia. The meeting was held behind the closed doors, was attended by Devi Chankotadze, the Cief of the Joint Staff of the Armed Forces of Georgia.
75 U.S. marines, who arrived to train Georgian military contingent, subordinate to Conway. One Georgian battalion will be sent to Afghanistan to participate in NATO countries military operation.
The training will begin on September 1st. One more Georgian company will depart to Afghanistan, to French area of responsibility, and it will be trained in France.
Today the Commandant of the Marine Corps will be received by Eka Tkeshelashvili, the Security Council of Georgia Secretary, and Grigol Vashadze, the Foreign Minister.