- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
2004 amendments to the Constitution are demanded to be annulled2009-08-24 18:19
The National League of the Constitution of Georgia Protection demands to annul the amendments endorsed in 2004, said Bakur Gulua, the chairman of the league, at the pres conference - Day.Az.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Gulua believes that these amendments destroyed balance between branches of power, and most authority passed to the President.
The League sues the Parliament in the Constitutional Court of Georgia.
"Society knows pretty well the numerous violations of the Constitution norms and laws the League of Constitution Protection repeatedly paid attention to. The Council of Europe Assembly twice pointed at the violation of the Constitution in Georgia in its recommendations", Gulua stated and added that these violations are reflected in a constitutional lawsuit can be signed by everyone willing.
He reproached the authorities for non-celebrating August 24th, the Day of Constitution, and non-performing state rituals.
"On August 24th 1995 the Parliament of Georgia endorsed the Constitution and declared that day non-working", Gulua reminded.