- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Amnesty to be declared on August 28th2009-08-25 17:30
On August 28th, in Mariamoba day (Assumption of the Virgin Mary) another party of prisoners and convicts will be declared to be pardoned.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Today the State Commission for pardoning conducts a sitting in presidential palace in Tbilisi. From 1 p.m. to the end of the day the commission must consider over 500 requests - Rustavi 2.
According to the Commission representative, Deputy Foreign Minister Nino Kalanadze, all the requests will be considered, but only ones with relatively petty crimes will be complied with.
"The Commission usually doesn't comply with requests on pardoning felons, except for special cases like serious illness of the convict", Kalanadze mentioned.