- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Vashadze held meetings in Estonia2009-08-26 12:04
In the course of his official visit to Estonia Grigol Vashadze, the Foreign Minister of Georgia, conducted meetings with Andrus Ansip, the Prime Minister; Urmas Paet, the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Jaak Aaviksoo, the Minister of Defense, and members of the Estonian Parliament, the Foreign Ministry of Georgia Press and Information department states.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Discussions touched upon a broad spectrum of issues in the Georgian-Estonian relations and prospects for future cooperation, focusing on the necessity to develop cooperation in various fields and intensify interaction in multilateral formats. The sides also discussed the possibilities of further developing the legislative basis, in particular, in the fields of economy and social protection.
The Estonian side highlighted that despite the global financial crisis, projects in the field of development cooperation supported by Estonia will be continued.
"They also side reaffirmed its unequivocal support for Georgia's territorial integrity and sovereignty.
The Minister of Foreign Affairs of Georgia expressed his gratitude for Estonia's political and humanitarian support during the Russian aggression in August 2008 and afterwards. Mr. Vashadze emphasized the importance for Georgia to benefit from Estonia's experience in terms of integration into NATO and the European Union," the message of the Ministry informs.
In the Foreign Policy Research Institute of Estonia [Tallinn] Vashadze presented a lecture for representatives of the diplomatic missions accredited in Estonia, academic community and mass media on Georgia's domestic and foreign policy priorities.