- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Today new gas pipeline starts operation in South Ossetia2009-08-26 13:16
Today South Ossetia celebrates Day of Independency Recognition.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The min events of this Wednesday will be signing agreement between governments of Russia and South Ossetia and opening of Dzuarikau - Tskhinavalgas pipeline, enabling gas supplies directly from Russia.
Previously gas came to the region via Georgia. Today, at the same with the startup of the new pipeline, the vent on the old one will be shut. "Georgia will be left of its last means of pressure on South Ossetia," said Eduard Kokoyty, the leader of the republic.
The intergovernmental agreement will be signed in Moscow, where Eduard Kokoyty and Murat Jioyev, the Interior Minister, had departed for. After the signing Kokoyty is expected to negotiate with Vladimir Putin, the PM of Russia, ITAR TASS states citing to the South Ossetian President's administration.
The Day of Independency Recognition, August 26th, was included in the list of state holidays by the order of the South Ossetian President. The events to be held today are: ethnographic holiday, exhibitions, round tables, sports tournaments, concerts.