- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Zurab Pololikashvili was appointed the Minister of Economy of Georgia2009-08-26 15:38
Zurab Pololikashili became the Minister of Economic Development; today he was officially introduced by PM Nikoloz Gilauri.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The PM mentioned Pololikashvili would be able to handle his new responsibilities. He told the new minister to pay special attention to privatization processes and increase of budget incomes from state property privatization. Gilauri called on Pololikashvili to intensify work with the private sector, intensify luring foreign investments and therefore work more with foreign investors. Besides, the new Minister of economy must coordinate work with other structures, especially ministries of Healthcare, Agriculture and Energy.
Zurab Pololikashvili is 32. He started career in TBC bank [business bank in Georgia], where worked in various positions since 1997 to 2005, in 2005-2006 he was the deputy Foreign Minister, in 2006 became the ambassador to Spain.
Pololikashvili himself said the proposal to become the Minister of Economy was unexpected for him. He regards his appointment as a great responsibility and highlights that in his new position he will continue the policy of the Georgian government.