- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgians leave the country massively2009-08-27 12:11
Every month about 200 Georgian citizens renounce their citizenship, the Vzglyad reports citing to Georgian mass media.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Mostly they try to go abroad looking for better life conditions, as, according to the UN data, 51 per cent of Georgians live in poverty.
According to U.S. mass media, Georgia is 33rd in the rating of unstable countries.
At the present moment several hundreds of Georgian citizens are staying at the Belarusian border trying to penetrate in Poland. The number of Georgians requesting for asylum in the Czech Republic also increased - mass media.
The Constitution of Georgia doesn't allow double citizenship, though in exceptional cases it can be granted by the President. Grigol Vashadze, the Foreign Minister, has Russian citizenship as well.