- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Bacho Akhalaya introduced as the new Minister of Defense2009-08-27 18:37
At today's sitting of the Security Council Mikheil Saakashvili, the President of Georgia, declared the resignation of Minister of defense David Sikharulidze and introduced Bachan [Bacho] Akhalaya to this position. Previously he was the Deputy Minister of Defense - Novosti-Gruzia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Several years ago he was the head of the penitentiary Department in the Ministry of Justice of Georgia.
It has been the second resignation in the government for recent days. Last Friday Lasha Zhvania, the Minister of Economic development, was replaced by Zurab Pololikashvili, recalled from the post if the ambassador to Spain.
According to the Constitution of Georgia, only the president can dismiss and appoint head of law enforcement, defense and security agencies.
In case 5 ministers are replaces the government must be endorsed by the Parliament. Georgian government includes one Prime Minister, 13 Ministers and 4 State Ministers.