- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Assumption of the Virgin Mary celebrated today in Georgia2009-08-28 13:09
Today the Georgian Orthodox Church celebrates Mariamoba, the Assumption of the Virgin Mary, one of the 12 main holidays of the year. In Georgia that day is declared a non-working one.gt-en-newsitem-inside
In the morning Ilia II, the Catholicos Patriarch of all Georgia, served a sermon in Sioni Cathedral in Tbilisi, founded in the honour of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary - the Patriarchy.
The holiday service will be held in all the acting churches of the country - Novosti-Gruzia.
The Assumption of the Virgin Mary is the second most important holiday after the Resurrection.
This day is preceded with one of the 4 many-day fasts: Assumption fast. It was established to imitation of Mother of God, who all her life, and especially before the Assumption, spent in fasting and prayers.