- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Rogozin: Sikharulidze was dismissed for telling the truth2009-08-28 15:17
The decision to dismiss David Sikharulidze, the Minister of Defense of Georgia, was caused with his disclosure of the true aim of training of Georgian forces by the U.S. specialists: their possible use in local conflicts in Caucasus, Dmitry Rogozin, the permanent Representative of Russia to NATO - Golos Rossii.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"The cause of Sikharulidze's resignation is not his saying something wrong, but his saying truth". "Saakashvili really trains Georgian servicemen with the assistance of American military advisors for the use in new conflicts with neighboring countries", Rogozin stated.
"And the USA must not pretend it doesn't understand", the diplomat highlighted. He believes Sikharulidze was dismissed for his excessive talkativeness, and it's an open secret. The resignation occurred right after his statement about possible use of U.S. instructors trained Georgian military not only for Afghan mission, but for solution of military tasks inside Georgia.
Rogozin stated this statement "made a terrible mess in the White House and the U.S. State Department "and Saakashvili had nothing else left but to dismiss the minister.