- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Bacho Akhalaya named three priorities of the Ministry of Defense2009-08-28 16:50
Bacho Akhalaya, the new Minister of Defense, today held a meeting with Ministry employees - GeorgiaTimes reporter in Tbilisi.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Akhalaya mentioned the three priorities he would pursue in his work: providing peace, armed forces modernization and integration in NATO.
Peace is Georgia's main concern, and the country must increase the defense capacity to ensure it. Modernization implies not only improvement of armaments and equipments of the Georgian army, but as well of soldiers' and officers' training. And integration in NATO was and remains Georgia's alternativeless way, and it intends to continue working on creation of armed forces which won't be a burden for NATO, the new Minister explained.
The text was read in Georgian and English languages.
In conclusion he expressed gratitude to his predecessor David Sikharulidze for the work he had done.