- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia to participate in bird flu research2009-08-31 12:00
The document was signed by David Dgebuadze, theDeputy Head of the National Service of Food Safety, Veterinary and Plant protection; Paata Imnadze, the director of the National Center for Desease Control; and David Tarkhishvili, the dean of Biology Sciences Department of Ilia Chavchvadze State University.
The research is financed by WELCOM TRUST [charity fund, Great Britain]. Specialists from Erasmuss medical center [the Netherlands] and the Cambridge University will join.
In the course of the meeting Nicolas Luis, the representative of the both aforesaid institutions mentioned that the bird flu is a serious global threat, and scientific research of diseases spread and its stages is very important.
He added that the initiative would help Georgia to join the international network on bird flu control, which would be important for identification of potential nidi in global scale.
Specialist research whether the virus was passed from bird to bird in regions where routes of bird transmigration appear.