- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Autumn session of Parliament of Georgia opens today2009-09-01 13:41
Today, at the sitting of the parliamentary bureau, the autumn session will be opened.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the Constitution, the Parliament is convened to session twice a year. Autumn session opens on the first Tuesday of September and closes on the third Friday of December. Spring session opens on the first Tuesday of February, and closes on the last Friday of June, though this year MP had to prolong their work, and the last sitting was held on August 8th - Novosti-Gruzia.
Speaker David Bakradze mentioned this week a guest bureau sitting in Batumi is planned.
"On the one hand, Ajaria MPs will have an opportunity to get more information and the idea what happens in the parliament of Georgia and what legal priorities exist. On the other hand, it's very important for us to acquaint problems on site, as both the population and local legislators need", Bakradze said.
Parliamentary sessions are divided into 2-week cycles, the first devoted to work in committees and meetings with electorate, the second - to plenary meetings.
The agenda of the new session hasn't already been endorsed, but in September the Parliament will presumably discuss amendments to the Constitution, as on the last sitting of the spring session MPs endorsed order on establishment of commission to provide publication and nation-wide discussion of law amending the Constitution.