- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili’s administration disclaimed rumours about a boot hit President2009-09-01 16:43
Messages about a boot thrown at the President of Georgia, are wrong, states the President's administration - RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The Alia, a Georgian newspaper, reported that last Sunday an unknown person threw a boot at the President.
"A boot was thrown at Saakashvili, who arrived in Ganmukhuri, when he was squattering on a dancing ground. So, at that moment all the cameras were on, all the cameras recorded it. Somebody came up, put the boot off and threw right at Misha. The boot hit his forehead", Alia's article states.
According to the article, all the governmental guards and all the police dashed to catch the guy who was possibly drunk. He was caught and stuck in a car; Ganmukhuri residents said he wasn't a local.
However, a representative of the President's press service said: "I myself was there, and nothing like that happened".