- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Six Georgians detained in South Ossetia for illegal crossing of the border2009-09-01 17:31
Last evening Russian border guards in Leninigiri region [South Ossetia] detained six citizens of Georgia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The administration of the region said these were detained for illegal crossing of the state border and attempt to smuggle of rare sorts of wood - Interfax.
The similar incident took place on August 21st in Tskhinval region of South Ossetia: Irakli Barishvili, 46, resident of Ditsi settlement, bordering on the republic, crossed the border and was detained by a patrol.
South Ossetian Interior Ministry mentioned that at the 4-sided meetings of working groups in the course of incident prevention mechanisms the South Ossetian side warned that all the breakers of the state border would be arrested in accordance with the laws of South Ossetia.
"But the Georgian side gave no guidance to the Georgian settlements bordering with South Ossetia, and such incidents subsequently take place", the Ministry's representative said.