- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Putin gave exclusive interview to Rustavi 22009-09-02 10:50
Last night Rustavi 2 [Georgian TV channel] aired the exclusive interview Vladimir Putin, the PM of Russia, gave them.gt-en-newsitem-inside
In his speech he imposed responsibility for the events of August 2008 on Georgian government and Mikheil Saakashvili, the President of Georgia - RBC.
"Abkhazia and South Ossetia recognized themselves long ago, that is why I don`t want to annoy and humiliate Georgia. Therefore, I want to say that the irresponsible activities of Georgian government led us to these tragic developments. I think if Georgia had not abolished autonomies to these two regions earlier and did not suppress these regions, nothing would have happened", he told - Rustavi 2.
"Russia had been supporting the territorial integrity of Georgia despite the fact that these republics declared independence long before, but Saakashvili`s policy has changed the situation radically. We did not have other choice - and we made the decision about which you all know very well", Putin stated.
The PM highlighted that the cause of the conflict was Saakashvili regime, and Russia respects the Georgian people a lot.