- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
First Deputy Minister of Defense of Georgia left his post2009-09-02 11:03
Vladimir Chachibaya the First Deputy Minister of Defense, left his position.gt-en-newsitem-inside
He said he realized he wouldn't be able to work with Bacho Akhalaya, the new Minister, the Vzglyad reports citing to Georgian mass media.
The two Deputy Chiefs of Joint Stuff resigned for the same reason.
Chachibaya, a professional West-educated military, expressed his disagreement with Akhalaya's methods of work even in the latter's being the Deputy Minister.
Previously Georgia Times reported that on August 27th President Saakashvili declared of David Sikharulidze's dismissal from the position of the Minister of Defense and introduced Bacho Akhalaya to the post.
The new minister was known to Saakashvili mainly for his reprisals on "dons",chiefs of criminal gangs.
The President stated the Ministry needed a far more ‘stronger hand".