- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
All the deputies of the Minister of Defense resigned2009-09-02 15:41
All the 4 Deputies Ministers of Defense of Georgia: Vladimir Chachibaya, Gela Berdzenishvili, Georgi Muchaidze and Otar Berdzenishvili - resigned, Novosti-Gruzia reports citing to the Ministry's press service.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"That's a standard procedure after appointment of a new Minister of Defense. All the Deputy Ministers are now continuing their work, despite formal resignation", the Ministry's representative said, though he didn't name the exact data of their resignation.
Messages saying that Chachibaya and a number of other high-ranking officials allegedly left as a protest against Akhalaya's appointment, the Ministry left without comment.
At the same time, they cannot rule out new personnel changes in the nearest future.
"It there are new appointments, they will be known in nearest days", the source said.
Previously Georgia Times reported that Bacho Akhalaya was appointed the Minister of Defense by President Saakashvili on August 27th. For 8 preceding months he was the Deputy Minister of Defense; before that for several years he was the head of the penitentiary Department of the Ministry of Justice.