- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia commented Armenian President’s proposal2009-09-03 14:14
"Let Armenia develop Armenian language in their country and we are very glad that Armenian language is the only state language in Armenia," said Vice PM, the State Minister for Reintegration Temur Iakobashvili commenting Armenian President's proposal to grant Armenian language in Javakhetia region the status of regional one.gt-en-newsitem-inside
At the same time, he added that "Georgia is a democratic country, and rights of all the national minorities, including Armenians, are protected".
Previously, commenting the same proposal, Giorgi Kandelaki, the deputy chairman of Committee for Foreign Relations of the Georgian Parliament, stated that Russia would "increase pressure" on Armenia to what Tbilisi is "grateful" for non-recognition of Abkhazia and South Ossetia. Tbilisi believes that Russia pushes Armenia to "anti-Georgian actions".
Previously Georgia Times reported that Yerevan proposed Georgia to recognize Armenian language as regional. "I believe that recognition of Armenian language as regional in Georgia, registration of the Eparchy of Armenian Apostolic Church, maintenance of Armenian monuments will only favor strengthening of Armenian-Georgian friendship and deepening of mutual trust atmosphere", said President Serzh Sargsyan.