- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
New checkpoint opened at Georgian- Russian border2009-09-04 16:17
Today at Georgian-Russian border, in Kazbegi, a new checkpoint was opened, it was built and equipped with U.S. government's support in the framework of program for security of borders.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The construction was started in 2004, USD 2.4 mln was spent. It was constructed by Imigemsheni company under guidance of U.S. Army corps of engineers.
The new checkpoint is equipped with up-to-date equipment; offices and barracks for border policemen and Ministry of Finance income service employees were rebuilt; equipment for radiation detection installed.
The opening ceremony was attended by John Tefft, the U.S. ambassador to Georgia, Zaza Gogava, the head of border police, Giorgi Gegechkori, the head of Tbilisi patrol police, and representatives of the Ministry of Finance of Georgia.
In the framework of the project of border security and legitimacy affirmation 18 similar projects will be built, 4 of them are now operating.