- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Guest sitting of parliamentary bureau became continuation of “people’s dialog’ for Bakradze2009-09-04 18:36
Today the Parliament of Georgia conducted a guest sitting of bureau in Batumi, in the Hall of the Supreme Council of Ajaria - Georgia Times reporter.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Deputies of the supreme legislative body of the autonomy participated in the sitting. According to the Parliament's press service, 3 out of 8 points of agenda were devoted to local problems.
The parliamentary bureau listened to information on social problems disturbing population of Ajaria, and discussed possible solutions.
Speaker David Bakradze stated that such meetings help MPs learn more about problems in the regions.
"That is opportunity for us to understand better all those problems, which exist in Adjaria. Dialogue with population is not only a direct communication with people, but also relation with local government is a part of a dialogue with people, among them relation with the local Legislative Body should be prioritized and today's meeting is opportunity for us to hear once again what happens in Adjaria," Bakradze said.
In the framework of "people's dialog" the Speaker held a meeting with autonomy head, and intends to meet with population tomorrow.