- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Turkey to demand release of BUKET captain2009-09-07 12:17
The final decision on the fate of BUKET captain, the citizen of Turkey, sentenced by the Georgian court to 24 years of imprisonment, will be made tomorrow.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The message came after the meeting of Foreign Minister of Georgia, Grigol Vashadze, and his Turkish counterpart Ahmed Davutoglu, in Tbilisi - the Vzglyad.
BUKET vessel, flying flag of Panama and carrying 700 tons of diesel fuel and 2000 tons of fuel to Abkhazia, was detained by the Georgian side. Georgia regards Abkhazian basin as own territory, and considers delivery of cargo without Tbilisi's permission as a crime.
The captain is accused of violation of customs rules on especially large scale and of violation of rules for entering the "occupied territory".
Ankara called Tbilisi's actions contradicting marine law and sent Turkish Foreign Minister to Georgia to strive for the captain's release. Today Ahmed Davutoglu meets Mikheil Saakashvili, the President of Georgia, and the final decision will be published.