- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Mass media: Mamuka Kurashvili was appointed military attaché to Ukraine2009-09-08 12:54
Brigadier General Mamuka Kurashvili, known with his statement about the beginning of the operation on "restoration of constitutional order in South Ossetia" in August 2008, was appointed the military attaché of the Georgian embassy to Ukraine, the Vzglyad reports alluding to the Alia [Tbilisi newspaper].gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the Alia, the appointment was made in the course of personnel changes in the Ministry of Defense after the appointment of new Minister - Bacho Akhalaya.
The Ministry has made no comment so far.
Mamuka Kurashvili has been deputy Chief of Joint Staff.
Previously Kurashvili stated that when he had declared the beginning of the operation on "restoration of constitutional order in South Ossetia" in August 2008, he had been impulsive, contused and had extemporized.
On August 7th 2008, before the beginning of mass shelling of South Ossetia Kurashvili announced to a Georgian journalist that the decision on "restoration of constitutional order in Tskhinvali region" had been made. "This statement hadn't been agreed to anyone. I made it impulsively ", the general said. President Saakashvili told that Kurashvili had had no authority to make such statements.