- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
50 houses in Oni damaged in earthquake2009-09-08 14:20
According to tentative information, about 50 houses in Georgian town Oni were damaged in earthquake, stated Jambul Bakuradze, the deputy Minister of Regional Development and Infrastructure - ITAR TASS.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Damage, the earthquake made to Oni and other regions, is being estimated now" he said. "According to tentative data, there is no large-scale destruction, inventory of damaged object is being conducted", the deputy Minister added.
He also mentioned that the most part of houses suffered this night had been damaged in 1991 earthquake. According to Bakuradze, there are no victims, but three residents of Sachkheri and Ambrolauri regions were injured. "They jumped from first floors of their houses, apprehending repetition of shocks and remembering 1991 earthquake", he commented.
In end April 1991 in Oni and a number of adjacent regions of North Georgia a large earthquake occurred, in result over 100 people were killed, thousands of houses and buildings were ruined and damaged.
Last night's earthquake [8 points] had epicentrum 85.75 miles away from Tbilisi, not so far from Oni [main locality of Racha-Lechkhumi region, West Georgia]. Many houses were ruined, power lines and roads were damaged.