- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian MPs to go to Oni2009-09-08 15:24
In the light of earthquake with epicentrum in Oni several deputies of the Georgian Parliament decided to go to Oni and study the situation on site.gt-en-newsitem-inside
At today's plenary sitting pro-opposition MP Giya Tortladze said he would depart for Oni right from the Parliament building and would report about the situation and problems people face.
Another pro-opposition MP, Jondi Bagaturia, claimed the desire to follow Tortladze.
He mentioned that despite very serious points in the agenda of plenary meetings, he consulted with colleagues and decided to leave for Oni and render any possible assistance to the aggrieved residents.
Previously Georgia Times mentioned that last night's earthquake [8 points] had epicentrum 85.75 miles away from Tbilisi, not so far from Oni [main locality of Racha-Lechkhumi region, West Georgia]. Many houses were ruined, power lines and roads were damaged.