- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
BUKET captain released2009-09-09 11:09
Kutaisi court of appeal released captain of BUKET vessel, who on August 31st was sentenced to 24 years of imprisonment.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Mehmed Joshkun ozturk, the citizen of Turkey, was accussed of violation of rules of entering the "occupied territory" and violation of customs rules on especially large scale.
The punishment changed to 3 years of parole and GEL 30 000 fine [appr USD 18 000]. In this way, the court confirmed the procedural deal between the captain and the prosecutor's office - RIA Novosti.
Previously Georgia Times reported that BUKET vessel, flying flag of Panama and carrying 2000 tons of petrol and 700 tons of diesel fuel to Abkhazia, was detained in August by the Georgian side. 16 members of crew [4- citizens of Azerbaijan, the rest - of Turkey] were released after payment of GEL 3 000 fine per each. The Turkish authorities sent the Foreign Minister to Georgia to strive for release of the captain.
After the incident the Foreign Ministry of Russia claimed it demanded to stop captures of vessels in neutral waters.