- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Situation in Caucasus to be discussed today in Paris2009-09-09 16:39
Today the sitting of the Monitoring Committee of PACE will take place in Paris. At this meeting the report on situation in Caucasus after 1 year after war will be presented.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Rapporteurs Mathias Eorsi and Luc van den Branden will assess implementation of PACE resolution by Georgia and Russia.
The Georgian delegation believes Russia will be severely criticized for "non-implementation of obligations".
"The Council of Europe proceeds from the actual situation, which is obvious. Situation in one year: cease-fire agreement is not implemented, for internally displaced persons there is no opportunity to return to their houses, international monitors again has no right to enter the occupied territories", said Chiora Taktakishvili, the deputy chairperson of the committee for legal affairs.
Georgi Gabashvili, the chairman of parliamentary committee for education, science and culture, said that the sitting will be "certain primary probing", as the preliminary consideration of PACE resolution will be held.
"The text never considered before, will be presented in the Monitoring Committee. The discussion in the Monitoring Committee is very important. Here for the first time the tendency on conclusion will become known. We think the conclusion will be objective as the reporters know the situation very well. They know pretty well that over this year Russia only aggravated the situation and not only not implemented any of the CE demands, but quite on contrary, made steps in the opposite direction by enlarging military contingent and aggravating humanitarian condition even more", Gabashvili claimed.
PACE autumn session will be held on September 28th -October 2nd .