- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Belarus and Egypt can introduce visa regime with Georgia2009-09-10 13:38
In the light of the increased number of people trying to reach Europe and Israel illegally via Belarus and Egypt respectively, these two countries cannot rule out introduction of visa regime for Georgia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Konstantin Kavtaradze, the ambassador of Georgia to Poland, confirmed that the number of Georgian illegal migrants at the border of Poland and Belarus "grows catastrophically".
"In recent two months 2 thousand illegal migrants-Georgian citizens crossed the border, it's approximately the same number as for latest 5 years", he said.
Citizens of Georgia request political asylum in Poland or try to reach Western Europe.
They allude to statement of Lech Kaczynski, the President of Poland, who promised Georgians a cordial welcome.
The number of Georgians trying to get into Israel via Egypt, has also increased recently.
On September 3rd eight Georgian citizens were detained at Israeli-Egyptian border for illegal attempt to penetrate in the territory of Israel.
The authorities of the country decided to send the detained back to Egypt.