- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Venezuela recognized Abkhazia and South Ossetia2009-09-10 13:49
At today's negotiations with Russian President Dmitri Medevedev, Hugo Chavez, his Venezuelan counterpart, claimed about recognition of South Ossetia and Abkhazia by his country.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Now I'd like to take the opportunity and claim that Venezuela joins the recognition of independency of republics of South Ossetia and Abkhazia", Chavez said.
He underlined that today Venezuela would start necessary procedures to legitimize the fact - RIA Novosti.
"Thanks. You made a number of important statements, we'll discuss it now", Medvedev said.
"We always believed that recognition is the sovereign affair of every state: to recognize or not recognize, but we surely are not indifferent to the fate of these states, and I would like to thank you for your making this decision", the president of Russia said.
Venezuela followed the suit of Russia and Nicaragua.