- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Abkhazia hopes for recognition by all Latin American countries2009-09-10 14:48
Sokhumi hopes that other Latin American countries will follow the suit of Venezuela, which recognized the independency of Abkhazia and South Ossetia today, stated Sergey Shamba, the Foreign Minister of Abkhazia - RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"We have always looked at Venezuela and some other countries of Latin America with hope. The delegation of Abkhazia is currently staying in Caracas. It visited Cuba, Nicaragua, and everywhere was met with cordial welcome and ardent support of our independency. We were waiting for that event [recognition by Venezuela]", he said.
Answering to the question whether other Latin American countries, in particular, Cuba and Bolivia, recognize Abkhazia and South Ossetia, Shamba mentioned at all the meetings with Abkhazian delegation was said "if Venezuela recognizes Abkhazia and South Ossetia, a cascade of recognitions may follow".
"Surely, I don't want to overtake the events, we'll see later," he concluded.
Previously Georgia Times reported that at today's negotiations with Russian President Dmitri Medevedev, Hugo Chavez, his Venezuelan counterpart, claimed about recognition of South Ossetia and Abkhazia by his country. Venezuela followed the suit of Russia and Nicaragua.