- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
South Ossetia grateful to Venezuela for recognition2009-09-10 15:16
Authorities of South Ossetia express their gratitude to Hugo Chavez for recognition of its independency, stated Dmitri Medoyev, the ambassador of the republic to Russia. Tskhinval expects other countries to follow Caracas' suit, he mentioned.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"It's a very important, responsible, historical, bold decision. From behalf of the government of South Ossetia I express sincere gratitude to president of Venezuela Hugo Chavez , leaders and people of this state for invaluable support", Medoyev said - RIA Novosti.
He added that South Ossetia always believed the process of recognition would spin further. "We believe that other countries will follow the suit of Russia, Nicaragua and Venezuela", Medoyev added.
Previously Georgia Times reported that at today's negotiations with Russian President Dmitri Medevedev, Hugo Chavez, his Venezuelan counterpart, claimed about recognition of South Ossetia and Abkhazia by his country.