- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian Vice Speaker: Chavez will be given a worthy response2009-09-10 15:32
The world community will provide a due response to Chavez' decision to recognize Abkhazia and South Ossetia, stated Gigi Tsereteli, the Vice Speaker of the Georgian parliament - RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"This [Venezuela] is the state without democracy, it's practically a dictate. This [Chavez' statement] ... will be followed with acute reaction from the Georgian side, and not even the Georgian side alone. I think that all the world community, the UN, NATO and the EU member countries will give a worthy response if Venezuela makes certain steps in that direction", he mentioned.
According to Tsereteli, yesterday's adoption of the Georgian draft of resolution on refugees from Abkhazia and South Ossetia was confirmation of territorial integrity of the country.
He also doubted Chavez' statement would lead to any results.
"I don't know what it will give to Venezuela. I'm sure that South Ossetia and Abkhazia are out of Chavez' plans, and doubt he worries about this people. The statement could be made just to please Russia", Tseretreli noted.