- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Political scientist: next to recognize Abkhazia and South Ossetia can be Bolivia, Equador and Cuba2009-09-10 16:45
Alexey Makarkin, the deputy general director of the Center of Political Technologies suggested what states can be recognized next - Osinform.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Hugo Chavez recognized Abkhazia and South Ossetia also because of the totally spoilt relations with the USA - especially after reinforcement of military cooperation between Washington and Columbia. It can be said that recognition of independency of these two republics is a "spit" addressed to the USA", Makarkin said.
According to the political scientist, "in case of deterioration of relations with the USA many latin American countries - in the first line, definitely Hugo Chavez' allies - may recognize Abkhazia and South Ossetia. These countries include in the first line Bolivia, Equador, and perhaps, Cuba", he mentioned.
Previously Georgia Times reported that at today's negotiations with Russian President Dmitri Medevedev, Hugo Chavez, his Venezuelan counterpart, claimed about recognition of South Ossetia and Abkhazia by his country.
"Now I'd like to take the opportunity and claim that Venezuela joins the recognition of independency of republics of South Ossetia and Abkhazia", Chavez said.
He underlined that today Venezuela would start necessary procedures to legitimize the fact.