- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Abkhazia discussed actions of Georgia in the Black Sea with the UN and the EU2009-09-10 18:09
Today Sergey Shamba, the Foreign Minister of Abkhazia, discussed actions of Georgian border guards in Black Sea with Pierre Morel [the EU] and Johan Verbeke [the UN], the co-chairmen of Geneva Talks - Yuga.ru.gt-en-newsitem-inside
He reported of numerous provocations from the Georgian side and commented upon the situation with BUKET vessel.
"If diplomatic methods will bring no result, the Abkhazian side reserves the right to take adequate measures. All the responsibility for complication of the situation in the sea will rest on the Georgian side", the Minister said.
He added that aggressive actions of the Georgian side made Abkhazia start military cooperation with Russia.
Shamba asked his interlocutors to inform the Georgian side that according to international law actions of its border guards can be regarded as piracy.
He highlighted that the Abkhaz side will insist on return of the ship and the cargo, and "if diplomatic steps bring no results, we'll seek other solutions. We believe in that case no condemnation of our actions must follow".
Pierre Morel underlined the EU was aware of the problem. In august two meetings - in Ergneti and Gali - were held, and in his view, it proves there is sense to work further in this field.