- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Minister of Justice of Georgia resigns?2009-09-10 18:26
Zurab Adeishvili, the Minister of Justice of Georgia, today submitted resignation due to deterioration of health, reported the Rezonansi [Tbilisi newspaper] alluding to unofficial sources - Kavkazskiy Uzel.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The President approves Giorgi Gviniashvili, the governor of Kakheti, to replace him. Gviniashvili's deputy Mamuka Sibiashvili, will be the deputy Minister of Justice.
According to expert Irakli Saseashvili "if it is really so, then it's a message of the most importance, as in his significance and influence Adeishvili is the third person in the country after President Mikheil Saakashvili and Interior Minister Vano Merabishvili".
The specialist explains that Gvinashvili and Sibashvili are regarded as Merabishvili's people. "Minister of Defense Akhalaya is also Merabishvili's protégé. If we analyze the situation, we symbolically got a new first person of the country - Merabishvili, as with his protégés he controls absolutely all defense, security and defense [siloviki] structures of the executive power of the country", Sesiashvili said.