- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Co-chairmen of Geneva Talks to discuss draft resolution on refugees2009-09-11 12:17
Today in Tskhinval co-chairmen of Geneva Talks will discuss the Georgian draft resolution on refugees from South Ossetia and Abkhazia, recently endorsed by the UN General Assembly.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Boris Chochiyev, the South Ossetian President's Plenipotentiary for Post-conflict Settlement, today's meeting will be preliminary, representatives of SO will express their opinion - ITAR TASS.
Chochiyev believes the draft is an "infamous event in the UN General Assembly history" . He also reminded that "in 1989 the UN paid no attention to the fact of evicting 120 000 Ossetians from Georgia, and it again proves the double standards policy is flourishing ".
He added the South Ossetian delegation will raise the issue of participation of the UN High Commissioner for Refugee Affairs in Geneva Talks.
"It's an open secret that this draft resolution was authorized, or even developed by the UNHCRA. The question arises: can the organization, rendering aid proceeding from national factor, can deal with refugee problems in the UN framework", Chochiyev said.
The question of SO citizens abducted in Georgia, will also be raised.