- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
First case of Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever in Georgia2009-09-11 14:41
The first case of Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever registered in Georgia. According to Paata Imnadze, the head of Center for Disease Control, the infected is a 31-year old man, currently staying in Tbilisi infectious diseases hospital -Trend.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"The man is in poor condition, he's administered artificial pulmonary ventilation. It was detected the mean was infected in one of the adjacent districts of Tbilisi", he said.
It's the first case in Georgia, and the Ministry of Healthcare will pay for the treatment. The patient's wife and little child are under doctors' control.
Experts say the mortality of the virus reaches 60 per cent. Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever is transmitted from rodents to humans by bites of fleas.