- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Parliament of Georgia adopted amendments to the Constitution2009-09-11 17:30
At today's plenary sitting the Parliament adopted amendments to the Constitution in the first reading.gt-en-newsitem-inside
106 MPs voted for and 3 against the partial transfer of the Parliament's work to Kutaisi.
104 voted pro and 1 against restoration of mandates for the MPs who renounced them after parliamentary elections of May 21st 2008 as a protest.
Both initiatives had been presented by President Mikheil Saakashvili.
The parliamentary opposition was against the first bill. Its representatives stated the decision implies huge expenditures, and the state budget just won't bare these. The parliamentary majority, on contrary, said the expenses won't exceed several millions lari.
When voting,the majority ignored the minority's opinion.