- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Azerbaijan's ecology ministry releases results of monitoring in Kura, Aras Rivers2009-09-14 15:52
The level of contamination of the Azerbaijani Transboundary Rivers by Georgia and Armenia exceeds the norm.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The Azerbaijani Ecology and Natural Resources Ministry held a monitoring to study the level of pollution of transboundary in the first decade of September. The ministry revealed out that the level of pollution the Kura and Aras Rivers by Georgia and Armenia exceeded the norm- today.az.
Amount of nutrients in the waters of the Kur exceeds the norm to an great degree due to flow of domestic and industrial wastes from Georgia and Armenia to water facilities without preliminary purification. Composition of specific contaminants of phenol and copper compounds exceeded the allowed density norm in water.
In the Shikhly-2 area content of phenols, one main pollutants of water exceeded the allowed density by 4 times, ammonium ions by 1.6 times and copper compounds by 6 . Content of phenols exceeded the allowed density by 3 times and copper by 6 times in the Agstafachay area and 4 and 6 times respectively in Agstafachay reservoir.
According to the monitoring, the water waste in the Araz River transbordering with Armenia was 44.2 cubic meters per minute and content of copper in the water exceeded the allowed density by 4 times and phenols by 3 times in Horadiz section of the Aras River.