- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian authorities introduce vacations for prisoners2009-09-15 11:57
A system of vacation for prisoners starts to work in Georgia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Today, the first time in a history of Georgian penitentiary system five prisoner will be released for "day-off".
According to Georgian Ministry for penitentiary, prisoners will send five days at home. Deputies of the head of ministry will be responsible for their returning in prison.
In case prisoners do not return back, officials will have to pay 10000 lari (6000 USD).
The vacation will be granted only for prisoners judged not for heinous crimes. Such "vacations" will be available one time in a year- Gazeta.ru