- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Tbilisi called on the West not to supply Russia with weapons2009-09-15 14:15
The foreign Ministry of Georgia commented upon Russia's intentions to purchase Mistral - amphibious assault ship, and issued a statement urging the world to refrain from arms supplies to Russia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Representatives of the Russian side are constantly accusing the Georgian side of purchasing arms and military build-up that obviously does not correspondent to the reality. Based on this disinformation, Russia insists that the international community should impose an embargo on the military cooperation with Georgia. Russia is itself engaged in arms race and the Russian plans mentioned above provide another example to substantiate this point," the statement says.
"It is noteworthy that the Russian side makes no secret of its militarist designs saying that it is getting prepared for military assault operations similar to the aggression carried out against Georgia in August 2008. Taking note of the foregoing, the Georgian side calls on the international community and all parties involved in the tender to consider well all aspects of the possible use of new armaments by Russia and then decide on their cooperation with Russia in the field of arms supply", the document says.