- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Armenia renounced participation in Nabucco2009-09-15 16:25
Armenia won't participate in project of Nabucco gas pipeline construction, stated Andris Piebalgs, the European Commissioner for Energy, at the Gas Infrastructure World Caspian-2009 international conference - RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
New wave of interest to Nabucco project occurred after Russian-Ukrainian gas conflict.
Signing of the agreement on Nabucco took place on July 13th . It implies transportation of natural gas to European countries via Azerbaijan, Georgia, Turkey, Bulgaria, Hungary, Romania and Austria. The length of the pipeline amounts 3 300 km, power - 31 bn of cunbic meters per year.
The project is a continuation of already built Baku-Tbilisi-Erzurum gas pipeline. The construction must start in 2011.
In early September the Star [Turkish newspaper] reported that the EU, favoring the agreement between Armenia and Turkey, intends to change the rout of the pipeline and make Armenia instead of Georgia a transit country.