- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Russian President sees no possibilities to improve relations with Georgia under Saakashvili2009-09-15 17:36
Russia can restore diplomatic relations with Georgia after resignation of Mikheil Saakashvili, the president of Georgia, stated Dmitri Medvedev, the President of Russia, today, and added that he sees no possibility to improve Russian-Georgian relations under the present-day leaders of Georgia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"If we speak about the present-day government, minding the president Mikheil Saakashvili, then just not", he said at the meeting with Valdai discussion club.
"If speaking about future government, where will be no Saakashvili, surely, there is [a possibility] up to the restoration of diplomatic relations", Medvedev said - ITAR TASS.
In end July, in interview to NTV [Russian TV company] Medvedev mentioned that over time relations between Russia and Georgia will be restored with consideration of new realities.
He reminded that currently Russia has no diplomatic ties with Georgia, and highlighted that "it is the result of the aggression taken last year by Saakashvili regime.. At the same time, we have a long and very warm relation, historically very warm relation to the Georgian people...And we would like to have these relations in the highest meaning of this word".
"Regimes like Saakashvili's come and go, and feelings between the peoples remain. And I'm sure that in some time our relations will be restored at the new basis and with consideration of the new realities appeared with consideration of these tragic pages our relations have come through in recent times ", the Russian President said.